Scourge - Alacrity Support Condi DPS
This is a rough draft. Once adequately written, it will progress to the testing stage, where it can be rated by the community. You can help by proposing changes with a comment.
An Alacrity condition DPS and utility build for Scourge.
Players without Secrets of the Obscure cannot run Pistol, therefore they should just leave the second mainhand slot empty, and can take a utility offhand weapon such as Warhorn.
can be swapped out for different utility. As this provides barrier, and therefore Alacrity, you should take ~10% extra boon duration to make up for the loss.
- if you need cleave. Even post-nerf it is a strong skill.
- If you need Stability.
- if projectile absorb is needed.
- - 900 range portal, useful for mobility on certain fights.
- is a 1200 range 5-target pull.
Never swap out .
- for more CC. It's a fairly large DPS loss to bring, but can be helpful in particular on encounters where the boss is unlikely to stand still long enough for all your pulses of to hit.
- Use for self heal at a ~15% DPS loss.
- You provide a decent amount of Might already, but you could provide even more by taking for a small DPS loss.
- This build uses the same gear as Scourge - Condi DPS, gaining enough boon duration from .
- If you want more boon duration, you can swap some gear to Ritualist stats.
- Using (or similar) would be a small DPS loss, but allow you to benefit from the ascended food buffs.
Thanks to the trait , you generate Alacrity every time you apply Barrier. Your barrier skills are , and . You also have if you spot any gaps in your uptime.
You will need to have a shade up whenever you apply Alacrity, as it provides 15% extra boon duration via . Shades only last for 8 seconds, you need to refresh them frequently. If you have any doubts about your ability to maintain a shade, you should take at least 10% extra boon duration for safety.
- Have 1 down before the fight starts
- Optional extra cast, may get cleansed by allies
- to get Alacrity started
After the opener, just use skills as they become available, with the following priority:
- off cooldown with after
- off cooldown
- making sure to keep 1 shade up
- Scepter autoattack chain, making sure to get the 3rd attack
- Use ⇒ wherever possible to transfer the self-condis to your target via .
- Don't let reach maximum charges.
- Try to finish your autoattack chains.
- If using , use it whenever there are enemies near the main target.
- Feel free to use or if life force is over capping, or to support your teammates with cleanses and CC.
- The cast time on is pretty long, so it is efficient to "precast" the skill just before the boss becomes vulnerable.
- On encounters where the boss becomes Exposed, you can do a huge amount of damage by lining this up with .
- Ideally you want to be finishing its 10th pulse as the boss becomes broken, which usually means casting it at the start of the phase, or as soon as you see the defiance bar appears.
- Changes in attributes such as condi damage can change which condis are transferred first via . This is usually not an issue though, since will transfer one extra condition, allowing you to do your opening as normal.
- Your best option without losing DPS are soft CCs such as cripple, blindness, and fear from .
- is one of the strongest crowd control skills the necromancer has, but you give up by taking it.
- In emergencies, you can swap to warhorn for .
- You can use to allow greens to teleport to it.
- If skipping greens, you can help the group by providing barrier with and just before the green hits.
- can be used to copy Chill, Cripple or Immobilize to nearby Seekers, keeping them away from the group. With multiple necros you can also "bounce" the conditions from the boss with one , then having another use it on the seeker, copying them back to the boss for big damage.
- If you use in the middle of the cast, you can also copy Fear keeping the seekers away for even longer.
For more information, see our Vale Guardian Guide.
- Abuse the Adrenaline Mushrooms as much as possible.
- You can use to allow fast traveling for you and your group.
- might be useful if your supports aren't providing Stability.
For more information, see our Spirit Woods Guide.
- Use for the adds.
- You can use to clear orbs as well.
- Use if cc is needed.
- Use your barrier abilities in the cc phase to support the healers.
For more information, see our Gorseval the Multifarious Guide.
- can be pretty useful here.
- might be useful if your supports aren't providing Stability.
- is extremely useful against the turrets and adds.
- If you save it when the minibosses are active, you can immediately use to copy conditions to Sabetha when the minibosses reach 25% health.
For more information, see our Sabetha the Saboteur Guide.
- converts conditions to boons on an extremely low cd - useful for if you get Feared.
- Take advantage of to kill the Slublings. Pay attention to not kill your teammate who is clearing the mushrooms!
- You can place slightly on the boss and to the center of the room.
For more information, see our Slothasor Guide.
- As a fully ranged class, you are an ideal candidate to throw kegs when Narella spawns.
For more information, see our Bandit Trio Guide.
- converts conditions to boons on an extremely low cd.
- is not needed, so you could take one of the following:
- You can use to teleport out for poison or corruption.
- is a stunbreak, but more importantly it can pull a huge number of Poison stacks onto you, which you can then transfer to Matthias for extra damage.
- is very handy if you are struggling with cc - if you stand inside the sacrifice's hitbox then the skill will multihit them.
- Matthias will be moving about constantly, which can make unreliable. Given the importance of breaking the sacrifice, may be the better option.
For more information, see our Matthias Gabrel Guide.
Stronghold of the Faithful
For more information, see our Escort Guide.
Keep Construct takes extra power damage, so Scourge is very suboptimal here, however:
- makes killing projections a breeze.
For more information, see our Keep Construct Guide.
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various White Mantle CCs.
For more information, see our Twisted Castle Guide.
- If you are at full health, then barrier will prevent you from being downed while standing on the buttons on the "puzzle towers".
- converts conditions to boons on an extremely low cd.
- Use to kill adds and shards.
- If Xera is not close enough to shards for to hit, then drop a on each one you want to clear and use .
- In an emergency, you can also off one shard to others once you've build up some conditions with and other shade abilities.
For more information, see our Xera Guide.
Bastion of the Peninent
- can be positioned such that it hits the boss while blocking (some) projectiles.
- You could also bring to provide some Stability to prevent the float from missing a green.
For more information, see our Cairn the Indomitable Guide.
- Use to kill the scouts as they move in - make sure they are in range. If you will not be able to kill a scout before it turns into a soldier, hold for when the soldier moves into the group.
For more information, see our Mursaat Overseer Guide.
- Spears can be killed with or by dropping your shades on them.
For more information, see our Samarog Guide.
- You can drop a shade on the hand kiter to provide some barrier if you are worried about them.
- When returning from split phases, the dark Sauls do not clear conditions so you can immediately use on them to copy conditions to Deimos.
- If they are taking a long time to die, you can then back off Deimos. This can be particularly useful when the second miniboss splits in four.
- Otherwise, can be used to kill Prides and Greeds. Be aware that there are a lot of valid targets for epidemic to hit, so you may wish to wait until the Prides are fairly close in the hopes they are prioritised.
For more information, see our Deimos Guide.
Hall of Chains
- Coordinate with the player knocking the Tormented Dead away regarding when they want you to use . Being too early or too late can be a disaster.
- You can use at the start to kill wurms, but make sure you have it ready for when the first Tormented Dead spawns.
- If you use as you cast it will copy Fear to the Tormented Dead, keeping them away from the group and giving the knocker more time.
- can be very useful in the challenge mode, as wurms will constantly respawn and their projectile attacks are very painful - as wurms will be constantly dying your life force shouldn't suffer from dropping either.
- Spam to clear condis from the group.
- Wall RNG means that the boss may be constantly moved out of . Given that failing the CC is an instant wipe, is quite useful here (as long as your knocker doesn't mistake it for a Tormented Dead}}.
For more information, see our Soulless Horror Guide.
- You won't be able to contribute much damage on the river, so taking Blood Magic might be helpful to pick up anyone who gets downed.
For more information, see our River of Souls Guide.
- Barrier is handy to prevent damage from taking greens at the Broken King. You can drop your shades on distant players to provide support without endangering yourself.
- Keep using at the Eater of Souls encounter - the spirit horde hurts more than you'd expect.
- DO NOT use , , or Fear on the eyes, as they will overwrite the Daze from orb detonations. Basically just avoid all your CC.
For more information, see our Statues of Grenth Guide.
- You can use at every Greater Death Mark to convert the Torment.
- can allow you to break shackles very quickly by teleporting away from the group - you can even try to pick up the mechanic deliberately by staying as close to the middle of Dhuum's hitbox as you can (without ending up in front of him).
- Before shackles begin appearing at 60%, you can also use to help with bombs - either by using it yourself or providing a portal for the player with the bomb. This will allow the bomb player to greed for DPS by staying on the boss for longer without endangering the group. If you are providing the portal for another player, make sure you quickly take the portal back so you aren't standing next to the bomb when it explodes.
- If Greater Death Mark is about to happen, you can delay to immediately start stripping boons from Dhuum.
For more information, see our Dhuum Guide.
For more information, see our Conjured Amalgamate Guide.
For more information, see our Sorting and Appraisal Guide.
- A lot of attacks apply Chill and Slow at Largos, so make liberal use of
- Both bosses like to move about a lot, making Unreliable, so may be the better option.
For more information, see our Largos Assassins Guide.
- You can use to Fear any lava elementals that get too close to Qadim in the burn phases.
- is useful not just for clearing elementals, but for dealing with the additional destroyers that spawn in the second phase, and can even be used to epi between the two wyverns once they on adjacent platforms.
For more information, see our Qadim Guide.
The Key of Ahdashim
- is useless in the normal mode of this fight, but incredible in the challenge mode for clearing the wisps that spawn on the platform.
- could be taken to provide some extra safety once wisps start spawning below 40%.
- While you could bring to skip the shockwaves, the DPS gain from retaining your Violent Currents is usually outweighed by missing the extra DPS from .
For more information, see our Cardinal Sabir Guide.
- could be used to protect your group from the hands in the split phase.
For more information, see our Cardinal Adina Guide.
- could be taken if you are having trouble with the distortions in the final phases.
- If you don't trust your group to provide Stability, do it yourself with
If you are pylon kiting:
- You will need to take to pick up orbs.
- The range feels very short when there is magma between you and the drop location - you will probably need to step outside your pylon slightly to ensure your safety, so don't be too slow.
- As you can't reach Qadim with while at the pylon, you could take offhand focus instead of warhorn to generate some extra life force with
- Make sure to keep a shade on Qadim at all times as your shade abilities won't hit him otherwise.
- If you do this, be sure to also use once Qadim starts eating pylons, to keep stripping his boons.
- You have a few options to sustain yourself - what works best will depend upon you and the speed of your group:
- You can run .
- You can take .
- You can run Blood Magic and spam on yourself.
For more information, see our Qadim the Peerless Guide.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium