Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Sniper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Soulbeast power build for sPvP focusing on high burst damage and mobility.
For the optional slot:
- - stun break, evasion and trait synergy.
- - as good as it gets vs direct damage spikes.
- - excellent damage mitigation and anti-CC.
- - if more cleansing or Fury is needed as it has synergy with.
- can help with condition management if needed.
Sigil of Separation can be replaced by:
- Superior Rune of Leadership(1): +8 to All Stats (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +12 to All Stats (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +16 to All Stats (6): +10% Boon Duration; when you use an elite skill, convert up to 3 conditions into boons of all nearby allies. (Cooldown: 45 seconds)
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Entering Beastmode breaks stun, makes your attacks unblockable for a few seconds, while granting extra stats and skills based on pet type.
- Pet related traits and skills such as will continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like
- used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land.-especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on(Longbow),(Greatsword), or(Beastmode, both pets).
- Merging with the pet is usually kept for delivering burst damage but has a few other applications as well, like mobility from Gazelle or instant evasion through Smokescale's Smoke Assault. You can also meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- should be used just before leaving spawn to grant AoE Swiftness to the team via. In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . If taken,reduces the condition damage you take by 33% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. (if taken) can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from.
- Greatsword and Rock Gazelle's beast mode allow for great mobility and disengaging/kiting. Beastmode in general grants a flat 25% movement speed boost on its own.
- is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- , the last skill of the Greatsword auto attack chain grants evasion. Under heavy pressure you can stow your weapon just before the skill ends, and use it again 2 more times the same way for more evasion. After a total of 3 uses the chain will restart.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost ,, or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost
- (Owl skill) will be your second healing skill / best way to fight condition bursts. It's also AoE, so try to share it with as many allies as possible!
- allows you to reliably burst specs with a lot of blocking/anti-projectile skills such as Firebrands. Unloading your burst right after entering Beastmode is preferable for this reason, but can make you more predictable.
- will grant Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting's damage.
- Smoke Assault can be used as an instant source of evasion in case you run out of dodges. The damage it does isn't bad either, but not that significant unless all attacks land on the same target.
- The optimal burst combo is fairly straightforward:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Get Quickness from either ,(if taken).
- for some extra stats and unblockable attacks for a short while.
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc.
- for damage.