Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Sniper
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A Soulbeast power build for PvP with exceptional burst damage.
- - some extra Stability should CC be a problem.
- - gives a chance to remove Stability and CC the target.
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Pet swapping is disabled while in combat.
- 24px Juvenile Smokescale is the pet you'll be using in combat.
- 24px Juvenile Siamoth is your non-combat pet. What that means is you'll only use this pet for one thing: , grabbing either a or one of the Stealth consumables for a better opener. Use Forage between fights so you may start the next encounter with a free consumable. Swap back to your other pet as soon as possible.
- Traits related to swapping pets now activate upon entering/leaving .
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- If taken used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- Merging with the pet is usually kept for delivering burst damage but has a few other applications as well, like the instant evasion through Smokescale's 24px Smoke Assault. You can also meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . If taken, reduces the condition damage you take by 20% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- Greatsword and Rock Gazelle's beast mode allow for great mobility and disengaging/kiting. Beastmode in general grants a flat 30% movement speed boost on its own via .
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- 24px Juvenile Smokescale's F2 is a useful combo field:
- Use in Beastmode while roaming between capture points if you lack Swiftness.
- grants Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
Longbow burst combo example:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Elite-dependent Use before the burst.
- Get Quickness from either or .
- for some extra stats.
- Elite-dependent if you have it.
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc .
- for damage.
Greatsword burst combo example:
- your target for CC and to refresh Maul.
- to make the most of Maul's Attack of Opportunity buff which in Beastmode applies to the Soulbeast and not the pet.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade