Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Sniper
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A Soulbeast power build for PvP with exceptional burst damage.
- over - while both are stun breaks, Protect Me is a better defensive pick in case you want more sustain.
- - some extra Stability should CC be a problem.
- offers higher burst damage but limits your Beastmode options by removing the ability to easily swap between pets while merged.
- - less tanky, higher damage option.
- - great option if you're struggling against conditions.
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld/merge with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- You can also meld with dead pets and then exit Beastmode to instantly revive them.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . If taken, reduces the condition damage you take by 20% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- Greatsword and Rock Gazelle's beast mode allow for great mobility and disengaging/kiting. Beastmode in general grants a flat 30% movement speed boost on its own via .
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Smokescale's F2 is a useful combo field:
- Use in Beastmode while roaming between capture points if you lack Swiftness.
- Siamoth's is something of a gamble. Your pet starts digging, created an item anyone can pick up - even your enemies if you're not fast enough! There are 3 possible items, 2 of them grant stealth while plasma grants boons. You should consider using this skill even when not in combat, as these items are bundles you can carry into your next fight.
- Merging with the Siamoth gives a bump to your defensive stats while Smokescale grants offensive stats which make it great for burst combos.
- Smokescale's could be used both offensively (delivering damage while making it impossible to kite you) and defensively (it's an instant cast evade frame).
- is a great setup for or .
- Siamoth has an extremely strong defensive skill of its own called which breaks stun, grants immunity to direct damage and even cleanses some conditions.
- Much like Smokescale, Siamoth has a knockdown - .
- Don't forget to unmerge once beast skills are on CD or you're done with your burst combo, as you have greater DPS while you let your pets attack your enemies.
- If taken used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- grants Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
Longbow burst combo example:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Elite-dependent Use before the burst.
- Get Quickness from either or .
- for some extra stats.
- Elite-dependent if you have it.
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc .
- for damage.
Greatsword burst combo example:
- your target for CC and to refresh Maul.
- to make the most of Maul's Attack of Opportunity buff which in Beastmode applies to the Soulbeast and not the pet.
- Twitch: Boyce
- Twitch: ROM
- Twitch: Avatar
- Ranger - Power Survival - core PvP version, usable by F2P players.
- Sic 'Em Roamer - the WvW Roaming version of the build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium