Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Sniper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Soulbeast power build for sPvP focusing on high burst damage and mobility.
- offers more cleansing and Fury via .
- Juvenile Smokescale could replace either pets.
- By replacing Siamoth as your non-combat pet you'll lose , but gain access to which your allies could use for stealth stacking.
- If you replace Gazelle as your combat pet you'll lose some burst damage, but gain a pet that does a better job at sticking to the target and offers a bit more defense (new ways to stack stealth in combat and an extra evade frame in ), plus another skill to set up with in form of . Their Beastmode stats are identical.
- - significantly better combat mobility.
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Pet swapping is disabled while in combat.
- Juvenile Rock Gazelle is the pet you'll be using in combat.
- Juvenile Siamoth is your non-combat pet. What that means is you'll only use this pet for one thing: , hoping for a Plasma which can be consumed by . Use Forage between fights so you may start the next encounter with a free consumable. Swap back to your other pet as soon as possible.
- Traits related to swapping pets now activate upon entering/leaving .
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- Merging with the pet is usually kept for delivering burst damage but has a few other applications as well, like mobility from Gazelle or instant evasion through Smokescale's Smoke Assault. You can also meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . If taken, reduces the condition damage you take by 20% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- Greatsword and Rock Gazelle's beast mode allow for great mobility and disengaging/kiting. Beastmode in general grants a flat 30% movement speed boost on its own via .
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- grants Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
- The optimal burst combo is fairly straightforward:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Get Quickness from either or .
- for some extra stats and unblockable attacks for a short while.
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc .
- for damage.