Tempest - Power DPS (Fractal)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Also known as Fresh Air Scepter/Warhorn Tempest, this is an old Heart of Thorns build which has now become one of the best AoE burst damage builds in the game.
- Fresh Air Tempest relies on spamming and resetting its cooldown with . This, combined with its high damage AoE skills, makes it excel at killing adds and trash mobs. In addition, Tempest provides a lot of Vulnerability, deals excellent burst damage on large hitboxes, and provides a unique damage buff to its party through 's Static Discharge.
- This guide is focused on fractals. For the raid version see Tempest - Power DPS.
- will provide the highest uptime in very low damage fights (i.e. fights where you never press your healing skill).
- for a strong group heal.
- if extra condition cleanse is needed.
- over if you have very high Agony Resistance and get enough precision from your Mist Offensive Potion to cap crit chance.
- over if having trouble staying alive in high-pressure fights, or if your Overloads are getting interrupted.
- if you aren't hitting defiance bars consistently.
- if you have no other source of vigor.
- if you need the shield.
- Use Fire instead of Arcane if you don't have a Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support providing you with 6 or more boons for .
- or slaying sigils if applicable.
See Tempest - Power DPS for rotation information.
Blasting OUT OF COMBAT
Elementalist has a lot of combo fields and finishers you make use of to assist your party out of combat.
- Use switch to and use over the then and to give Swiftness to your party.
- If your party is using blast finishers in a smoke field to stealth, switch between your attunements and weapons and use skills that are blast finishers.
- for example switch to mainhand scepter in and use
- switch to offhand dagger in and use
- switch to mainhand dagger in and use
- Start in with Scepter/Focus
- Use and aim bellow it
- Place your character on top of the fire field and use in it
- Swap to while using
- Aim your camera above your character and cast
- Switch to dagger mainhand and use
- Swap to and use
- Switch to offhand dagger and use and
- This is going to give your party 24 stacks of might, to get 25 stacks you can use while is channeling.
- Use for swiftness.
- Switch to offhand dagger in and use without a target.
- While in use backwards.
- In long runs cast and use and .