Tempest - Power DPS (Fractal)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Also known as Fresh Air Scepter/Warhorn Tempest, this is an old Heart of Thorns build which has now become one of the best AoE burst damage builds in the game.
- Fresh Air Tempest relies on spamming Overload Air and resetting its cooldown with Fresh Air. This, combined with its high damage AoE skills, makes it excel at killing adds and trash mobs. In addition, Tempest provides a lot of Vulnerability, deals excellent burst damage on large hitboxes, and provides a unique damage buff to its party through Overload Air's Static Discharge.
- This guide is focused on fractals. For the raid version see Tempest - Power DPS.
- Signet of Restoration will provide the highest uptime in very low damage fights (i.e. fights where you never press your healing skill).
- "Wash the Pain Away!" for a strong group heal.
- Ether Renewal if extra condition cleanse is needed.
- Arcane Blast over Signet of Fire if you have very high Agony Resistance and get enough precision from your Mist Offensive Potion to cap crit chance.
- Arcane Shield over Conjure Lightning Hammer if having trouble staying alive in high-pressure fights, or if your Overloads are getting interrupted.
- Aeromancer's Training if you aren't hitting defiance bars consistently.
- Renewing Stamina if you have no other source of vigor.
- Final Shielding if you need the shield.
- Use Fire instead of Arcane if you don't have a Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support providing you with 6 or more boons for Bountiful Power.
- or slaying sigils if applicable.
Blasting OUT OF COMBAT
Elementalist has a lot of combo fields and finishers you make use of to assist your party out of combat.
- Use Eruption switch to Air Attunement and use Static Field over the Eruption then Arcane Brilliance and Windborne Speed to give Swiftness to your party.
- If your party is using blast finishers in a smoke field to stealth, switch between your attunements and weapons and use skills that are blast finishers.
- Start in Fire Attunement with Scepter/Focus
- Use Dragon's Tooth and aim Flamewall bellow it
- Place your character on top of the fire field and use Phoenix in it
- Swap to Water Attunement while using Arcane Brilliance
- Aim your camera above your character and cast Comet
- Switch to dagger mainhand and use Frozen Burst
- Swap to Earth Attunement and use Magnetic Wave
- Switch to offhand dagger and use Earthquake and Churning Earth
- This is going to give your party 24 stacks of might, to get 25 stacks you can use Arcane Wave while Churning Earth is channeling.