Untamed - Staff/Dagger Untamed Duelist
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A high-sustain PvP condition Untamed build made to win or stall smaller fights while also bringing some group healing and utility to the table.
- over - passive healing plus a stunbreak and mass cleanse instead of defense against strike damage.
Rock Gazelle can be replaced by:
- makes you better at fighting boon-based bunker builds if you can give up some defense against conditions.
Elite specialization basics
- Untamed Rangers have more control over their pets than regular Rangers, allowing them to manually control their pet's 3 special attacks.
- Unleash is the central mechanic of Untamed. At any given time either you or your pet is in the Unleashed state, and you get to flip back and forth on a 1s CD.
- When you're unleashed, your first autoattack is empowered. Staff's turns into while Dagger's becomes . Unleashing yourself makes you deal more damage.
- Unleashing the pet grants you damage reduction while their pet skills flip over to new ones:
- F1 becomes
- F2 becomes
- F3 becomes
- Dodge rolling is the most important part of your survivability and just because because of the obvious reasons. From traits you get Protection (which also heals you every second) and remove 1 damaging as well as 1 non-damaging condition whenever you dodge, turning this mechanic into a great way of recovering from taking damage if you failed to prevent it.
- makes your Unleash ability remove 2 conditions every 10 seconds.
- Use for mobility when moving between capture points. In fights however always try landing on an ally or your pet, as healing someone else reduces the CD of this skill.
- is for emergencies in case condition damage is starting to overwhelm you. Consider disengaging/repositioning right after or following up with Stealth so you have some time to recover. It's also a stun break.
- is both a stun break and an excellent skill for damage mitigation. Hold onto it in case you get stunned if Mutate Conditions is on CD, otherwise you get to use it a bit more freely.
- is one of your best survival tools but also one that has good synergy with your more offensive abilities because of the CD reduction part. Skills like that can strike several enemies multiple times in just a few seconds can drastically reduce the CD of the elite.
- is great for repositioning your pet and making sure they can't be kited.
- applies Slow but only if the target is CC'd. It's still useful for preventing them from counterpressuring you after the CC.
- destroys projectiles while the Chill makes it easy for you to kite enemies caught in it.
- heals more the lower your HP is, so it's worth holding onto until you get really low. As the skill negates incoming damage after being used you don't have to worry about using it on low HP, but you do have to worry about CC - if you greed and try to use it on 2-3k HP but get interrupted then you're probably going to die. Taking risks can pay off with this skill but always consider the situation you're in and what other CDs are available, for instance could bail you out against Power-based specs if you eat a stun at low HP so you're allowed to be more greedy when SoS is up.
- Dagger/Dagger is your more dangerous set, Staff is mostly defensive by nature.
- is the strongest skill on this set, it's a ranged gapcloser with decent damage and good condition variety. Always unleash yourself when you swap weapons because lets you use the ambush attacks right away.
- is good at setting up other skills like because of the Quickness.
- is best used after because it deals extra damage to movement-impaired enemies.
- On Staff the skills deal almost neglibile damage, combined with the auto spam is the best you can do.
- Pets are mostly for CC, Smokescale has 1 while Gazelle has 2 CC skills.
- Twitch: Boyce
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium