PvP Legendary Armor Crafting Guide
In this step-by-step guide you'll learn how to craft the Legendary Glorious Armor, which is the Legendary PvP armor set of Guild Wars 2.
While sPvP uses a different stat template and legendary armor is not helping you out in any way there, it's immensely useful for every other area of the game. Legendary armor incentivizes PvE/WvW players to try their luck in PvP while also making it easier for PvP players to jump straight into any other area of the game.
Legendaries are convenience items first and foremost. They're stored in your account storage shared across all characters. Their stats can be changed for free any time out of combat, upgrades can be removed with a simple click and transmuting new skins onto them is free too.
Always finish gathering everything in a given step before moving on to the next one! The guide is structured in a way that you'll hardly ever have to go to the same NPC or location twice if you follow the steps in the correct order. Each step also assumes that you have the necessary materials from the previous step.
PvP Legendary Armor progression is tied to PvP League Ticket acquisition, you can only get 100 of these per season and need 300 for a full set, meaning 3 Conquest seasons. During active seasons there's no other timegating mechanism, you could even grind out all 100 in the first week. Tickets may also be obtained through 2v2 and 3v3 miniseasons that take place between Conquest seasons.
While technically Ascended Shard of Glory isn't timegated, most people aren't going to obtain enough of them per season to keep up with the rate at which they earn PvP League Tickets, which kind of turns this into the real roadblock.
Step 1: Accountbound Materials
Before we properly get into the crafting details let's talk about all the things you'll need to earn from PvP in order to craft 1 piece of your desired set of armor:
- (1) - comes from the final reward chest of the Glorious Reward Track.
- PvP League Ticket (50) - final reward of every non-repeatable League Reward Chest, earned through playing ranked games.
- Ascended Shard of Glory (400 + the armor cost which is another 150-400) - final reward of every League Reward Chest, earned through playing ranked games.
Universal currencies that are not strictly tied to PvP but can be acquired there too:
- (50) - guaranteed drop from various loot boxes and the final reward chest of several reward tracks.
- (150) - found in Rank-Up Chests and most loot boxes that come from PvP Reward Tracks. Alternatively use on a level 80 character to earn shards instead of levels.
- (15) - contained in the final reward chest of many reward tracks, especially non-repeatable ones.
- (1) - guaranteed drop from salvaging Ascended Armor and Weapons using an , random drop from salvaging other Ascended gear. You can buy the tool from the Laurel merchant in Heart of the Mists.
- (1250) - while not accountbound it's still a PvP currency, and you'll need to grab them before proceeding to the next step of the guide. Could be bought from the Trading Post or earned via PvP Reward Tracks and daily achievements.
Step 2: Ascended Precursor
Any of the following Ascended sets can be upgraded to Legendary tier:
- Ardent Glorious - sold by the Ascended Armor League Vendor.
- Mistforged Glorious Hero - requires PvP rank 100 or higher and the previous purchase of an Ardent Glorious piece of the same slot.
- Glorious Hero - comes from the purchased from Lambdin the Latish in HotM with PvP Tournament Vouchers awarded to the members of the top 4 teams in Monthly Automated Tournaments.
We're going to focus on the Ardent Glorious variant as that's the easiest one to obtain. Look for the Ascended Armor League Vendor not far from the Market waypoint in Heart of the Mists, near the Trading Post and Laurel Merchant. Talk to him and open the first tab. Waypoint chat code: [&BNgJAAA=]
Note: If you somehow messed up and accidentally bought the Exotic version instead of Ascended don't panic, just send a ticket to support and ask for a refund on the item, they'll help you.
The cost for individual pieces is the following:
|Head, Shoulder, Hand, Foot||Leg||Chest|
|150 Ascended Shard of Glory||200 Ascended Shard of Glory||400 Ascended Shard of Glory|
|3 Grandmaster Marks||4 Grandmaster Marks||4 Grandmaster Marks|
|2 Gold||2 Gold||2 Gold|
As you can see the cost of Head, Shoulder, Hand and Foot armor is the same.
The type of Grandmaster Mark depends on the armor class:
- Heavy armor:
- Medium armor:
- Light armor:
You can get Grandmaster Marks from the following sources:
- which is the final reward for the Persimmon, Amaranth and Byzantium League Reward Chests. Cap: 3 per Conquest season.
- s from playing WvW, you can turn in 10 for a Box at Skirmish Supervisors found on WvW maps.
- Crafting, but that's going to cost you quite a bit of gold. More on that later. Click this if you don't have enough marks to buy the armor piece, you'll be redirected to the appropriate crafting section of the guide.
Step 3: PvP Components
Stay in Heart of the Mists where you've bought the armor and grab the rest of the necessary materials too so you don't have to come back several times during the crafting process.
Open the 5th tab of the Ascended Armor League Vendor and purchase:
- - cost: 100
- - cost: 400 Ascended Shard of Glory
- - cost: 1000 regular
- - cost: 20 PvP League Ticket
- - cost: 30 PvP League Ticket
Step 4: Crafting
Let's head over to the crafting station (or the Trading Post, if you need to buy some of the materials) because you're going to have to craft a couple of gifts.
For this step 400 skill is required in one of the following crafting disciplines: Artificer, Huntsman, Weaponsmith.
The following 8 Exotic recipes for the gifts (Gift of Blood, Venom, Totems, etc.) must be bought for 10 Gold each from Miyani (Mystic Forge Attendant) near the Mystic Forge if you don't have them already.
Gift of Condensed Magic
You're going to have to create a Gift of Blood, Venom, Totems and Dust through crafting.
Keep these for later.
Gift of Condensed Might
Create a Gift of Bones, Claws, Fangs and Scales through crafting, just like the previous step.
Keep these too for later.
Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy
You'll need 1. Making a requires:
- 500 crafting skill in one of the following disciplines: Artificer, Armorsmith, Weaponsmith, Huntsman, Tailor, Leatherworker.
- 1 - guaranteed drop from salvaging Ascended Armor and Weapons using an , random drop from salvaging other Ascended gear. You can buy the tool from the Laurel merchant in Heart of the Mists. DO NOT salvage your Ascended PvP gear! You'll need that later. Salvage some random crafted PvE piece and if you don't have one, make one.
- 75 - salvaged from Ascended Rings and Trinkets, could also be bought from the Trading Post.
- The recipe is learned automatically at the skill level of 500.
At this point you should make sure that the 50 and 15 are in your inventory and not the material storage otherwise you'd have to go back for them later.
Grandmaster Marks (Optional)
Ignore this part if you had enough marks to buy the Ascended armor in Step 2. Continue to Step 5.
As explained earlier, you can get Grandmaster Marks for free by playing WvW and PvP. However if you're willing to pay some gold there's a way to speed up the process.
First you'll need skill level 500 in the appropriate crafting discipline:
- Tailor for Light Armor - Grandmaster Tailor's Mark.
- Leatherworker for Medium Armor - Grandmaster Leatherworker's Mark.
- Armorsmith for Heavy armor - Grandmaster Armorsmith's Mark.
Then you'll have to buy the recipe from one of the following NPCs:
- Ascended Armor League Vendor for 10 PvP League Ticket. This is convenient but not the best idea if you're short on League Tickets as it's a timegated currency that's needed for crafting other compontents too.
- Skirmish Supervisor for 25 WvW Skirmish Claim Ticket + 10 . Tickets should be relatively easy to get from playing a few hours of WvW while memories could be bought from the TP.
- Bling-9009 for 10 Pristine Fractal Relic. Fractal players should have plenty but if PvE is not your thing then one of the other options will have to suffice.
- You'll also need to buy 4 of these: at the same vendor for the same cost. OR you could skip this step and buy the crafting components directly from the Trading Post as only the final product (Mark) is accountbound. Buying from the TP could even end up being cheaper.
- If you had to craft the marks click this link to jump back to Step 2 and continue from there.
Step 5: Mystic Forge
You're close to assembling your Legendary now, but before that we must take a quick detour and buy one last thing from Miyani (Mystic Forge Attendant) who's standing right next to the Mystic Forge:
- - cost: 50
Now we can start forging!
Create a by combining:
Create a by combining:
Now create a by combining:
Next up is :
The last one we need is :
And now for the final step, combine it all:
- The Ascended armor you wish to upgrade to Legendary.
You're done! Enjoy your loot. Legendary armor goes straight to your account storage so don't look for it in your inventory, click the appropriate slot in the Hero panel and the legendary option should appear on the left, ready to be equipped.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium