Deadeye - Power DPS D/D
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS build for Deadeye in raids. This build hits extremely hard with 24px Malicious Backstab dealing some of the highest damage against single targets in the game.
- Deadeye's weakness is that it is lacks cleave damage or any utility other than Basilisk Venom. It is also heavily reliant on allies providing boons and conditions for 24px Premeditation and Exposed Weakness respectively. This means it works best when surrounded by other DPS classes that can cover its shortcomings.
- This guide is focused on raids. For the fractal version see Deadeye - Power DPS D/D (Fractal). For variants using other weapons see Deadeye - Power DPS Rifle and Deadeye - Power DPS P/P.
- Your DPS rotation only involves Dagger/Dagger so your 2nd weapon set can be based on personal preference - Shortbow for mobility from Infiltrator's Arrow or an offhand pistol for additional emergency CC from Headshot are both common options.
- Signet of Agility instead of Infiltrator's Signet if you don't have a druid providing Spotter to you.
- Spider Venom instead of Infiltrator's Signet is up to personal preference, both skills result in roughly the same damage over the course of a fight.
- Invigorating Precision if you're having trouble surviving. This is a ~10% DPS loss.
The rotation for this build is very simple - start off with the following opening burst
After this, simply repeat your auto-attack chain
- Spider Venom (if you're running it), Assassin's Signet, 24px Deadeye's Mark and skills from the mark should be used whenever available.
- Shadow Flare should also be used whenever available, but make sure you have the boss marked before casting it to ensure maximum bonus damage.
- Make sure you're always flanking (attacking from behind or the sides) the boss to maximize the damage dealt with backstab. If you cannot consistently flank the boss consider swapping to another DPS build.
- Be careful not to interrupt auto-attack chains casting 24px Deadeye's Mark or Shadow Flare.
- Basilisk Venom should be cast while you are standing in melee range of 5 allied units (mesmer illusions, ranger pets and necromancer minions all count towards this).