Firebrand - Support Healer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Traits
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Equipment (Minstrel Variant)
- 6 Consumables
- 7 Usage
- 8 Encounter Specific Tips
- A Firebrand support build for raids and fractals. This build brings a massive amount of healing, unique stat auras via Perfect Inscriptions, and a wide range of defensive utility including Stability, Resistance, heavy condition cleanse, and projectile destruction. With the right skills and traits, it can also provide high Might and Quickness uptime.
- This build occupies an awkward spot in the current meta because its buffs overlap with Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support and Druid - Boon Support Healer. It is usually inferior in boon support to Chronomancer as it doesn't provide Alacrity. However, it makes a strong healer in fractals, or in raid squads that already have buffs covered.
- Your secondary weapon set is fairly versatile and can include any of the following weapons:
- Sword provides Fury to your subgroup with Symbol of Blades. It also provides a teleport on a low cooldown, useful on fights like Matthias where you move around a lot.
- Staff provides additional burst healing and good Might generation with Empower. This is the best weapon choice for fractals where you are effectively replacing a Druid.
- Hammer provides a knockback, immobilize, and Ring of Warding, useful on fights like Samarog where pushing/CC is required.
- Greatsword provides an AoE pull and good mobility, useful on fights like Slothasor for pulling adds and dropping poisons.
- Scepter is your only ranged weapon, useful for kiting mechanics like poison on Siax or flak on Sabetha. (But try not to kite if you can help it, as Firebrand loses a lot of effectiveness when not with the main group.)
- Axe provides Fury to your subgroup with Symbol of Vengeance. It also provides pull via Blazing Edge
- If your group doesn't need the healing from Mace, you can also consider going without Mace entirely and running a Sword or Scepter. This results in better DPS and more consistent fury or might for your group respectively.
- As Firebrand is a defensive support, it's important to swap skills to fit the encounter. All of the following utility skills and elite skills are viable depending on the situation:
- Utility Skills
- Mantra of Potence - provides might and quickness, mandatory if replacing Druid in fractals.
- Signet of Wrath - alternative signet if the DPS in your subgroup deal mainly condition damage.
- Mantra of Lore - in condition-heavy fights like Slothasor/Soulless Horror.
- "Stand Your Ground!" - instant AoE stun break and stability, also provides quickness if Stalwart Speed is traited.
- Hallowed Ground - alternative stability/quickness option.
- "Hold the Line!" - more protection and regeneration uptime.
- Shield of the Avenger - destroys projectiles in fights like Arkk.
- Wall of Reflection - reflects projectiles.
- Hammer of Wisdom - more CC.
- Bow of Truth - burst heal that can be cast from range.
- Signet of Mercy - ranged resurrect and minor healing increase.
- Sanctuary - effective skill works well in situations like mobs overnumber your team:
- Subject 6 in Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, prevent mini oozes come to subject 6 when your teammates take down Veteran Ooze
- Elite Molten Flame Shaman(before crossing bridge)/Champion Molten Effigy in Molten Boss Fractal
- Abyss chamber and Last boss prevent spectral flames from reaching your team / The Voice in Deepstone Fractal
- Siren's Reef (Black Peter,Deposit treasure, last 3 bosses)
- Note: ONLY take Sanctuary if your team's dps is low/can't cleave mobs fast. Or there are Mistlock Instabilities (We bleed fire, Outflank, Frailty, Adrenaline Rush) active.
- Elite Skills
- Mantra of Liberation - multiple instant AoE stun breaks and stability (and quickness if Stalwart Speed is traited).
- "Feel My Wrath!" - helps to fill gaps in fury and quickness.
- Renewed Focus - personal invulnerability and cooldown reset on tomes.
- Honorable Staff if you're running staff and need to provide boons.
- Force of Will if your party can't stay stacked in your symbols.
- Stalwart Speed if you're the only source of quickness or you need to split quickness with the Chronomancer.
- Legendary Lore if you're having a hard time catching people in your regeneration-granting skills.
- Protector's Impact if you want more protection for your party.
- Archivist of Whispers if you want spam a lot of tome skills.
- Take Virtues instead of Radiance if you need more healing. This sacrifices the damage buff from Perfect Inscriptions and should only be done if you literally can't keep people alive otherwise.
- Master of Consecrations if running Consecration. Consecrate the ground around you, granting stability to allies inside.
- Virtuous Solace similar to
- Take Valor instead of Radiance if you need more Fury and self-heal via Smiter's Boon and Monk's Focus . Only use if you are second support / healer in group.
- Remember to also get alternate weapons with the same stats and sigils. At minimum you should have a Hammer and Sword. Depending on personal preference/raid tactics, you can also get a Greatsword, Staff, and/or Scepter.
- If you're the only source of might in a fractal party, you should run Mantra of Potence and Honorable Staff, and have a staff in your second weapon slot.
Equipment (Minstrel Variant)
- This build give you more toughness and vitality for surviving (especially when fractal have Frailty). Also, you will grant 20% healing effectiveness with Force of Will.
Fitting Into Party Compositions
- If you’re planning to play Support Firebrand in raids and high-level fractals, take note that Support Firebrand is not commonly accepted in party compositions. As of this writing, the commonly accepted or "meta" support classes are Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support and Druid - Boon Support Healer.
- Chronomancer grants Quickness and Alacrity to allies.
- Druid grants healing, Might, Fury, and unique buffs such as Spotter and Frost Spirit.
- As a Support Firebrand, you will be hard pressed to find a place in groups that already have these roles covered. However:
- If you’re in a raid squad that already has one Druid but no second healer, you can effectively fill a second healer slot. This is the most common scenario where a Support Firebrand will be accepted.
- If you're in a fractal party, you can replace the Druid and cover healing, Might, and Fury. You can also split the responsibility of Quickness with the Chronomancer, allowing the Chronomancer to swap out Well of Action for more utility or DPS.
- In disorganized parties that have no Chronomancer or no healer you can just carry them with your CC, boons, and healing.
- An important note is to make sure your teammates know you are a Support Healer and not Firebrand - Condi DPS. This avoids awkward moments where you have to explain why you're lowest on the DPS meter.
- Get your party to stack as closely as possible to you so they get the full benefit of your heals and mantras.
- Your basic healing rotation consists of camping mace and using Faithful Strike and Symbol of Faith off cooldown.
- For burst heals use Shield of Absorption, your Tome of Resolve skills, and Merciful Intervention.
- Keep in mind that the latter two have very long cooldowns; only use them if someone is in danger of dying even if you do your normal healing rotation.
- Your general Tome of Resolve rotation is 5-4-3-1-1, with 2 thrown in if they need condition cleanse.
- If you have a staff you can also use Holy Strike and Empower for healing.
- The most powerful tool you can provide as a firebrand is Aegis. Watch for big incoming hits, then mitigate them with Protector's Strike, Shield of Judgment, or 24px Restoring Reprieve.
- This also improves your healing due to Invigorated Bulwark.
- Cleanse conditions if needed with Mantra of Lore or
- Bane Signet and Signet of Wrath give a large damage buff for 10 seconds after activation thanks to Perfect Inscriptions. Use them off cooldown and only delay them if CC will be needed soon.
- Depending on your alacrity uptime, you can output 15-20 stacks of Might by using Empower and 24px Potent Haste. If running Virtues, you can also dip into Tome of Justice to fill gaps in might.
- You can't maintain 25 might solo unless you replace your mace with a scepter. In practice this isn't a huge deal because the remaining 5-10 might is covered by Chronomancers, Weavers, Dragonhunters, and random might blasting.
- If you take Stalwart Speed you can keep up permanent Quickness with Mantra of Solace, Mantra of Potence, and your aegis-granting weapon skills. Note that Stalwart Speed has an internal cooldown of 8 seconds, so space out your aegis-granting skills appropriately.
- Symbol of Blades will pulse Fury to your subgroup or party.
- Use "Feel My Wrath!" to cover gaps in quickness and fury.
- Before boss fight and also have Mistlock Singularity. you can pre-stack buff for your party before enter boss fight:
- Swap Radiance to Virtues (you don't need choose trait in virtues because you only need Inspired Virtue for boon)
- Swap Invigorated Bulwark to Protector's Impact in Honor
- Empower and Symbol of Swiftness from Staff.
- Shield of Judgment from Shield.
- Depend on your main hand weapon or team component. you can use Symbol of Faith from Mace / Symbol of Punishment from Scepter/ Symbol of Vengeance from Axe.
- Use 2x Mantra of Solace (it will drop lesser Symbol of Protection if you use Protector's Impact) and 2x Mantra of Potence.
- Use "Hold the Line!" and "Feel My Wrath!".
- Active Tome of Justice.
- Active Tome of Resolve then use 4 , 3.
- Active Tome of Courage then use 5 , 4 and three times 1
- Interact with Mistlock Singularity
- Baseline CC:
- If you need more CC:
- Hammer of Wisdom - 2 charges of knockdown.
- Banish and Ring of Warding if using hammer.
- Line of Warding if using staff.
- Chains of Light if using scepter.
- Be careful of using Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Binding Blade or
- Use Mantra of Liberation, Tome of Courage, "Stand Your Ground!", or Hallowed Ground if stability is needed.
- Use Shield of Absorption,
- Use Symbol of Swiftness when running between encounters.